Thursday, April 19, 2012

My recipe box

I moved in with my boyfriend about a month ago, and it's nice having my own kitchen.  I've always lived with family or roommates, and always had to share my space.  While technically I share with Dan, he's completely ok with the kitchen being my domain.

Both Dan and I are members of weight watchers.  We both strive to lead healthier lives, and that starts in the kitchen.  I love finding new recipes to try out, and working with them to make them weight watchers friendly.  I cook almost every night, and am a big fan of baking when I have the time.  I'm not very creative, so I don't come up with much of my own, but I needed a place to sort out my thoughts and ideas.

Pinterest was one idea.  I could pin all my ideas and go to find any recipes that I had found, and now wanted to try.  I started on Pinterest last year before it became a huge thing, and then it exploded with popularity.    However, the idea that I could (and would) use it as a regular source got very overwhelming, very fast.  I pinned too much!  While I have a lot of ideas there that I want to try, its not very easy to locate the things that I have already done and want to repeat.  I tried having a notebook with all my recipes written out, but that was a pain to try to maintain, and then to locate what I was looking for.  So that prompted the idea of a blog.  Here I can keep track of the recipes that I have made, any substitutions or edits, and what we liked or didn't like about the recipe.  It's my virtual recipe box!

No comments:

Post a Comment